Out and About
SAXX Movember Undie Run raises awareness for men’s health – Nov 9, 2019 (Toronto)
Are you brave enough to run in your undies to support men’s health? Movember and SAXX are hosting a 2km run through the streets of Toronto.
On Saturday November 9, 2019, runners in Toronto will brave the elements and hit the streets of Toronto in their SAXX moustache-themed underwear to raise funds and awareness for men’s health. The 2K run will start and finish at The Citizen on King Street West.
This is the 13th Movember campaign in Canada, where people Grow, Move, or Host to raise funds and awareness for prostate cancer, testicular cancer, mental health and suicide prevention. To strip down and join the Movember Undie Run, visit Movember.com.
PR Manager for Movember Canada, Sonya Friesen, says, “We’re expecting anywhere from 250-300 runners to take to the streets on Saturday in the name of men’s health!”
Movember Undie Run, presented by SAXX Underwear – Saturday, November 9th, 2019
• 12 p.m. – Registration opens
• 1:30 p.m. – Run commences West down King St. West to Portland, North to Richmond, South on Spadina, West on King St. back to The Citizen
• Post run – 5 p.m. – Après-Run Party at The Citizen 522 King Street West, Toronto, ON M5V 1K4
What’s in it for you?
All runners will receive:
- A swag bag filled with a pair of SAXX underwear (valued at $34) along with other goodies (if you’ve never worn SAXX underwear before, your balls will thank you)
- Access to the after party to warm yourself up after the run
- 1 complimentary drink ticket
- Complimentary bites to eat
- An epic story to tell your friends and family for years to come about how you ran in your undies for men’s health
The first 200 people to purchase a ticket will receive a limited edition Movember toque (valued at $25) in their swag bag. Your ticket cost supports Movember’s work to tackle prostate cancer, testicular cancer and mental health issues. If you can’t make it to the event, you can still contribute to the cause by purchasing a pair of underwear directly from Saxx.
About the Author
Bryen Dunn is a freelance journalist with a focus on travel, lifestyle, entertainment and hospitality. He has an extensive portfolio of celebrity interviews with musicians, actors and other public personalities. He enjoys discovering delicious eats, tasting spirited treats, and being mesmerized by musical beats.
You must be logged in to post a comment.