Blue Jays Pride Weekend – June 3 and 4, 2022 (Toronto)
Kick-off Pride Month with the Blue Jays on Friday, June 3 and Saturday, June 4 when Pride Night returns for a weekend full of events. The Toronto Blue Jays host the Minnesota Twins on Friday, June 3 (7:07 p.m.) and Saturday, June 4 (3:07 p.m.). Beginning pregame and running throughout the game there will be interactive activities in the WestJet Flight Deck that Fans are encouraged to arrive early for.
On Friday, June 3 ONLY, the first 15,000 fans to enter the stadium will receive a Blue Jays Rainbow Towel Giveaway. In addition, on Sunday, June 5 when there will be a special Jr. Jays Sunday that’s focused on kindness and inclusion
In addition to Pride-themed activities and festivities around the ballpark, 160 community members from nine local 2SLGBTQ+ organizations (listed below) will be participating in pregame celebrations. TD and Jays Care Foundation are together donating a total of $42,000 to these organizations, including a $10,000 donation and partnership with The 519, a Toronto charity that facilitated a training workshop for Blue Jays employees, to help staff continue to foster an inclusive ballpark experience for all fans.
Pride Weekend Event Details
- The first 15,000 fans that enter the ballpark on Friday receive a Blue Jays rainbow towel giveaway
- 160 members of Toronto’s 2SLGBTQ+ communities presenting a large Blue Jays Progress Pride flag on the field, with a total of $42,000 donated together by TD and Jays Care to the following organizations:
- AIDS Committee of Toronto, BLOOM trans housing, Casey House, FIFE House, Friends of Ruby, LGBT YouthLine, Pride Toronto, Sherbourne Health, and The 519
- Ceremonial first pitches thrown by Tariq from Sherbourne Health (Friday) and a member of the Cabbagetown Group Softball League (Saturday)
- National anthems performed by Forte – Toronto Gay Men’s Chorus (Friday) and drag queen Jessie James (Saturday)
- Pride-themed activities, photo opportunities, drag queens, and celebratory décor and atmosphere in the WestJet Flight Deck, including the TD Paint The Corners fundraising activation, where fans can designate their organization of choice for a capped donation by TD
- In-game video feature on Brian Zapp, a Blue Jays Baseball Academy Showcase athlete from Ontario who is the first active NCAA Division-I baseball player to come out as bisexual
- Bud Light Pride beers and Blue Jays Pride merchandise available at the stadium during the month of June
- To offer a more inclusive experience for fans during Pride Weekend, the Blue Jays have converted additional washrooms on each concourse level to gender neutral bathrooms
About the Author
Bryen Dunn is a freelance journalist with a focus on travel, lifestyle, entertainment and hospitality. He has an extensive portfolio of celebrity interviews with musicians, actors and other public personalities. He enjoys discovering delicious eats, tasting spirited treats, and being mesmerized by musical beats.