The CNE is getting its groove back with a full line up of music across six stages – Aug 19 top Sep 5, 2022
The 2022 Canadian National Exhibition (CNE) is marking its highly anticipated in-person return as one of Ontario’s
most iconic events and end of summer traditions. Taking place from August 19 – September 5, 2022 at Exhibition Place, the CNE is packing daily music, performances and comedy on its six variety stages throughout the grounds, including an impressive marquee line-up on the Bandshell Stage. Enjoy summer nights outdoors while rocking out with Tom Cochrane or Marianas Trench; jammin’ to the reggae tunes of Third World; singing along to Gordon Lightfoot’s greatest hits — or discover new music from JUNO-winning artists including Indigenous singer-songwriter Iskwē and 2022 Breakthrough Group of the Year, Monowhales, and more! All concerts and performances are FREE with CNE admission.
New this year, the Bandshell is shining the spotlight on some of Canada’s funniest acts. Judge of America’s Got Talent and one of the most successful comedians in the world, Howie Mandel, headlines Comedy Night on Friday, August 19 to help kick off the CNE’s opening day. He joins fellow comedians Ali Hassan (CBC’s Laugh Out Loud and Run the Burbs’), Nour Hadidi (Kevin Hart’s LOL Network), Nile Seguin (Just for Laughs), and Canada’s Got Talent finalist Courtney Gilmour, for a night that will leave audiences rolling in the aisles.
CNE DATES: August 19 – September 5, 2022 (*no concert on Labour Day)
CNE Bandshell Stage Concert Series:
• August 19 – Comedy Night featuring Howie Mandel, Ali Hassan, Nour Hadidi, Neil Seguin, Courtney Gilmour
• August 20 – Bruce Cockburn with Hawksley Workman
• August 21 – Marianas Trench with Jocelyn Alice
• August 22 – DSL Dire Straits Legacy with Jake Clemons
• August 23 – Iskwē and Monowhales
• August 24 – Third World with Jay Douglas
• August 25 – JJ Wilde with Command Sisters
• August 26 – Grandson with Elko
• August 27 – Johnny Reid with Five Roses
• August 28 – Glass Tiger with The Spoons
• August 29 – Lighthouse with Altameda
• August 30 – David Wilcox with Connor Gains
• August 31 – Anslem Douglas with Eddie Bullen
• September 1 – Bryce Vine with Shawnee Kish
• September 2 – Busty and The Bass
• September 3 – Gordon Lightfoot with The Good Brothers
• September 4 – Tom Cochrane with Kasador
• September 5 – Labour Day, no concert
TICKETS: Concerts are FREE with CNE Admission.
$20: Advance General Admission Ticket (purchased by August 18)
$25: Regular General Admission Ticket (starting August 19)
For more info and the full schedule of music across all six stages, click here.
About the Author
Bryen Dunn is a freelance journalist with a focus on travel, lifestyle, entertainment and hospitality. He has an extensive portfolio of celebrity interviews with musicians, actors and other public personalities. He enjoys discovering delicious eats, tasting spirited treats, and being mesmerized by musical beats.